Members of the Australian Cablemakers Association (ACA) are committed to the implementation of fully sustainable manufacture of electrical cables in Australia.
The ACA employs the three pillars model, as shown below, to drive specific projects to achieve this objective:
Specifically, ACA members are committed to:
- Achieve Carbon Neutral manufacture by no later than 2035.
- Working towards zero workplace injuries and the sharing of best practice information relating to workplace safety
- Assisting the electrical industry by providing safety information relating to electrical cables
- Operating recycling programmes for cables and packaging to reduce landfill and materials consumption
- Introduction of improved materials to reduce greenhouse gasses and toxicity under fire conditions
- Equal opportunity employment
- Other actions as required to achieve the goals stated above
Don’t forget to keep an eye on our Newsroom for articles on new initiatives and updates.